In building this site, we have applied all appropriate WAI Priority 1 and many Priority 2 and Priority 3 criteria.
The following measures have been taken to ensure this website conforms to web accessibility guidelines and can be used by as many people as possible:
- The site supports both old and new technology. If your browser or browsing device does not support Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), the information on each page is still readable.
- All content images used in this site include descriptive ALT (i.e. alternative text) attributes.
- This site uses only relative text sizes, allowing you to change font size easily using your browser.
- All links to other websites will open in the same window to avoid confusion. Publications and downloaded documents open in a new window.
- Content displayed with colour is also available without colour, e.g links are indicated by underlining, coloured headings are also bold.
- The site has been tested to ensure that pages provide sufficient contrast when viewed by users with colour blindness or when viewed on a black and white screen.
- The websites uses W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) technologies. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 Transitional and CSS2 ensuring that they work with a wide variety of browsers.
- Downloadable documents are available in a variety of formats which all users should be able to access.
- Each page will print out on a standard A4 sized page in a readable format.